George Harris

understanding comes with time.

I listened to the other persons story, i trusted their judgement. I struggled to come to terms with many things and this person didn't live up to my expectations, but by lowering my standards for that person, (not for myself) and accepting myself as i am and them as they are...

I've finally come to a good level of understanding and compassion. A place i never thought i would achieve as my beliefs on certain topics I've been so adamant about. However I've realized that you don't have to compromise who you are to allow someone to be who they are and that many times you are expecting others to live up to standards which are too high. This doesn't mean that you have to lower the bar for yourself, but you can realize that other people have different values for themselves and expectations of themselves and accept this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

ss_blog_claim=06c6424462729a1a5153edf6bc0987aa ss_blog_claim=06c6424462729a1a5153edf6bc0987aa